What is involved in Blue Ocean Strategy
Find out what the related areas are that Blue Ocean Strategy connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Blue Ocean Strategy thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Blue Ocean Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Blue Ocean Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Blue Ocean Strategy related domains to cover and 90 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Blue Ocean Strategy, Brand management, Business Management, C.K. Prahalad, Cirque du Soleil, Consumer behaviour, Control group, Curves International, Deductive reasoning, Des Dearlove, Disruptive innovation, Economics of Strategy, Funky Business, Handheld game system, Harvard Business Review Press, Home Depot, Kjell Nordström, Library of Congress Classification, Market segmentation, Niche market, Nintendo DS, Pitney Bowes, Renée Mauborgne, Six Sigma, Southwest Airlines, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, TATA Motors, Tata Nano, Thinking Strategically, Touch screen, W. Chan Kim, Zero-sum game:
Blue Ocean Strategy Critical Criteria:
Define Blue Ocean Strategy governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Blue Ocean Strategy information.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Blue Ocean Strategy. How do we gain traction?
– Think about the functions involved in your Blue Ocean Strategy project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Will Blue Ocean Strategy deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Brand management tactics and reduce Brand management costs.
– When a Blue Ocean Strategy manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Blue Ocean Strategy been identified and analyzed?
– How do we go about Comparing Blue Ocean Strategy approaches/solutions?
Business Management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business Management risks and do something to it.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Blue Ocean Strategy goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Which Blue Ocean Strategy goals are the most important?
C.K. Prahalad Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over C.K. Prahalad goals and pioneer acquisition of C.K. Prahalad systems.
– For your Blue Ocean Strategy project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy analysis show the relationships among important Blue Ocean Strategy factors?
– How do we Lead with Blue Ocean Strategy in Mind?
Cirque du Soleil Critical Criteria:
Merge Cirque du Soleil management and track iterative Cirque du Soleil results.
– What is the purpose of Blue Ocean Strategy in relation to the mission?
– What threat is Blue Ocean Strategy addressing?
– How to deal with Blue Ocean Strategy Changes?
Consumer behaviour Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Consumer behaviour projects and figure out ways to motivate other Consumer behaviour users.
– What are the long-term Blue Ocean Strategy goals?
– Do we have past Blue Ocean Strategy Successes?
Control group Critical Criteria:
Mix Control group issues and handle a jump-start course to Control group.
– How likely is the current Blue Ocean Strategy plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we monitor the Blue Ocean Strategy decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What about Blue Ocean Strategy Analysis of results?
Curves International Critical Criteria:
Use past Curves International failures and report on setting up Curves International without losing ground.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Blue Ocean Strategy leader?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Blue Ocean Strategy?
– Are there Blue Ocean Strategy Models?
Deductive reasoning Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Deductive reasoning failures and point out improvements in Deductive reasoning.
– Which customers cant participate in our Blue Ocean Strategy domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Des Dearlove Critical Criteria:
Explore Des Dearlove management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Des Dearlove decisions.
– Among the Blue Ocean Strategy product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Blue Ocean Strategy agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is Blue Ocean Strategy Required?
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Disruptive innovation governance and ask what if.
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Blue Ocean Strategy processes?
– Think of your Blue Ocean Strategy project. what are the main functions?
– How do we maintain Blue Ocean Strategys Integrity?
Economics of Strategy Critical Criteria:
Define Economics of Strategy tasks and revise understanding of Economics of Strategy architectures.
– What are all of our Blue Ocean Strategy domains and what do they do?
– How do we keep improving Blue Ocean Strategy?
– How can we improve Blue Ocean Strategy?
Funky Business Critical Criteria:
Nurse Funky Business adoptions and maintain Funky Business for success.
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Handheld game system Critical Criteria:
Examine Handheld game system decisions and overcome Handheld game system skills and management ineffectiveness.
Harvard Business Review Press Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Harvard Business Review Press visions and point out improvements in Harvard Business Review Press.
– Does our organization need more Blue Ocean Strategy education?
– Is the scope of Blue Ocean Strategy defined?
Home Depot Critical Criteria:
Survey Home Depot leadership and get going.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Blue Ocean Strategy project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Blue Ocean Strategy deliverables?
Kjell Nordström Critical Criteria:
Meet over Kjell Nordström management and drive action.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Blue Ocean Strategy product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the source of the strategies for Blue Ocean Strategy strengthening and reform?
Library of Congress Classification Critical Criteria:
Review Library of Congress Classification results and pay attention to the small things.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Blue Ocean Strategy, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Market segmentation tactics and revise understanding of Market segmentation architectures.
– What are the disruptive Blue Ocean Strategy technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Blue Ocean Strategy study?
– What are specific Blue Ocean Strategy Rules to follow?
Niche market Critical Criteria:
Discourse Niche market management and explain and analyze the challenges of Niche market.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Blue Ocean Strategy objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the barriers to increased Blue Ocean Strategy production?
Nintendo DS Critical Criteria:
Start Nintendo DS leadership and separate what are the business goals Nintendo DS is aiming to achieve.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Blue Ocean Strategy is underway?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Blue Ocean Strategy values?
Pitney Bowes Critical Criteria:
Talk about Pitney Bowes adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Blue Ocean Strategy effort?
– How can skill-level changes improve Blue Ocean Strategy?
– Are there recognized Blue Ocean Strategy problems?
Renée Mauborgne Critical Criteria:
See the value of Renée Mauborgne quality and pioneer acquisition of Renée Mauborgne systems.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Blue Ocean Strategy into the services that we provide?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Blue Ocean Strategy forward?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Six Sigma visions and improve Six Sigma service perception.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Blue Ocean Strategy? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Blue Ocean Strategy activities?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
Southwest Airlines Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Southwest Airlines issues and oversee Southwest Airlines requirements.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Blue Ocean Strategy is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide strategies and oversee Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide requirements.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Blue Ocean Strategy that make it risky?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Blue Ocean Strategy?
TATA Motors Critical Criteria:
Analyze TATA Motors results and test out new things.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Blue Ocean Strategy process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Blue Ocean Strategy process available?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Blue Ocean Strategy project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Tata Nano Critical Criteria:
Probe Tata Nano goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Tata Nano skills.
– Can we do Blue Ocean Strategy without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How would one define Blue Ocean Strategy leadership?
Thinking Strategically Critical Criteria:
Generalize Thinking Strategically tasks and pay attention to the small things.
– What is Effective Blue Ocean Strategy?
Touch screen Critical Criteria:
Canvass Touch screen tactics and optimize Touch screen leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is maximizing Blue Ocean Strategy protection the same as minimizing Blue Ocean Strategy loss?
W. Chan Kim Critical Criteria:
Have a session on W. Chan Kim issues and finalize the present value of growth of W. Chan Kim.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Blue Ocean Strategy project?
Zero-sum game Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Zero-sum game visions and cater for concise Zero-sum game education.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Blue Ocean Strategy activities?
– How much does Blue Ocean Strategy help?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Blue Ocean Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Blue Ocean Strategy External links:
Blue Ocean Strategy – YouTube
Blue Ocean Strategy – Official Site
Blue Ocean Strategy: 5 Proven Steps – The Innovative Manager
Business Management External links:
Business Management App for Small Businesses | vCita
MINDBODY: Online Business Management Software
Spader Business Management
Cirque du Soleil External links:
Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil – Mandalay Bay
Cirque Du Soleil tickets. Official Ticketmaster Site.
“O” by Cirque Du Soleil – Bellagio Hotel & Casino
Consumer behaviour External links:
edward mcclymont – MARK217 CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
Consumer Behaviour – Charlotte Davies – Graphic Design
Essay about Theory of Consumer Behaviour – cram.com
Control group External links:
Tactical Training Exercise Control Group
Curves International External links:
Curves International | Curves.com
Curves International | Company Overview on …
Deductive reasoning External links:
What is deductive reasoning? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Reading Comprehension/Deductive Reasoning Sample …
Economics of Strategy External links:
Economics of Strategy, Binder Ready Version, 7th Edition
Economics of Strategy Flashcards | Quizlet
Economics of Strategy by David Besanko – Goodreads
Funky Business External links:
Funky Business Card Templates – Canva
Funky Business – Home | Facebook
FUNKY BUSINESS – Private Club
Handheld game system External links:
Nintendo Announces New 2DS XL Handheld Game System – …
Home Depot External links:
The Home Depot
Home Depot Health Challenge
Community – The Home Depot
Kjell Nordström External links:
Kjell Nordström Keynote Speakers Bureau & Speaking Fee
Kjell Nordström | Facebook
Kjell Nordström & Jonas Ridderstråle – Thinkers 50
Library of Congress Classification External links:
Library of Congress Classification
Market segmentation External links:
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
What is Market Segmentation? definition and meaning
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
Nintendo DS External links:
Nintendo DS (NDS) ROMs – Rom Hustler
The Top 25 Nintendo DS Games – IGN
Amazon.com: Kids & Family: Video Games: Nintendo DS, …
Pitney Bowes External links:
Pitney Bowes (@PitneyBowes) | Twitter
Postal Information for 2018 | Pitney Bowes
Your account at Pitney Bowes – Sign In
Renée Mauborgne External links:
W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne – Thinkers 50
Six Sigma External links:
What Is Six Sigma?
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
Lean Six Sigma Certification | 6 Sigma Training
Southwest Airlines External links:
Southwest Airlines – Official Site
My Account | Southwest Airlines Credit Card
Southwest Airlines Ground Operations Opportunities
TATA Motors External links:
TTM – Tata Motors Ltd Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
Tata Motors Ltd – TTM – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Welcome to TATA Motors Value Chain Management
Tata Nano External links:
Tata Nano Flashcards | Quizlet
Tata Nano scores zero stars – YouTube
Thinking Strategically External links:
Communicating Honestly And Thinking Strategically – CHATS
Touch screen External links:
Touch screen sensitivity Note 8 | Verizon Community
W. Chan Kim External links:
W. Chan Kim on BLUE OCEAN SHIFT – YouTube
Search W. Chan Kim – Harvard Business Review
Zero-sum game External links:
Zero-Sum Game – Investopedia
Zero-Sum Game? Trump’s Mistaken Views on Trade – The …
What is zero-sum game – Answers.com