What is involved in Application performance management
Find out what the related areas are that Application performance management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application performance management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application performance management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application performance management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application performance management related domains to cover and 156 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application performance management, .NET Framework, Application Response Measurement, Application service management, Business transaction management, Business transaction performance, Cloud computing, Data analytics, Gartner, Information technology, Level of service, Middleware, Network management, Passive monitoring, Performance metric, Performance metrics, Platform virtualization, Port mirroring, Resource, Round-trip delay time, Software, Synthetic monitoring, Systems management, User experience, Website monitoring:
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Shape Application performance management strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Application performance management projects.
– How do we go about Comparing Application performance management approaches/solutions?
– What is Effective Application performance management?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Inquire about .NET Framework decisions and define what our big hairy audacious .NET Framework goal is.
– To what extent does management recognize Application performance management as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the short and long-term Application performance management goals?
Application Response Measurement Critical Criteria:
Confer over Application Response Measurement outcomes and gather Application Response Measurement models .
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Application performance management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we keep improving Application performance management?
Application service management Critical Criteria:
Discuss Application service management tactics and track iterative Application service management results.
– Can we add value to the current Application performance management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Application performance management objectives?
– What business benefits will Application performance management goals deliver if achieved?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Business transaction management planning and report on developing an effective Business transaction management strategy.
– What vendors make products that address the Application performance management needs?
– What are the usability implications of Application performance management actions?
– How can you measure Application performance management in a systematic way?
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Scan Business transaction performance adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Application performance management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Application performance management processes?
– Do those selected for the Application performance management team have a good general understanding of what Application performance management is all about?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Guide Cloud computing adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– what is the future of private cloud?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– What is grid computing?
Data analytics Critical Criteria:
Boost Data analytics results and perfect Data analytics conflict management.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Application performance management services/products?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Can we be rewired to use the power of data analytics to improve our management of human capital?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– Does your organization have a strategy on big data or data analytics?
– How can the value of Application performance management be defined?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Check Gartner engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Gartner information.
– Does Application performance management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is a Application performance management Team Work effort in place?
– How much does Application performance management help?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Information technology visions and question.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Application performance management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– What about Application performance management Analysis of results?
Level of service Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Level of service results and document what potential Level of service megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Application performance management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Application performance management processes of our organization?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within services?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– Why are Application performance management skills important?
– What level of service should be offered?
Middleware Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Middleware risks and maintain Middleware for success.
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Have security reviews included requirements for support, plug-in components, or middleware?
– Are accountability and ownership for Application performance management clearly defined?
– Have security reviews been made for support/plug-in components middleware?
– What will drive Application performance management change?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
– How to Secure Application performance management?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Debate over Network management outcomes and intervene in Network management processes and leadership.
– Is Application performance management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Think of your Application performance management project. what are the main functions?
Passive monitoring Critical Criteria:
Chart Passive monitoring adoptions and shift your focus.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Application performance management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does Application performance management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Who needs to know about Application performance management ?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Performance metric projects and track iterative Performance metric results.
– In what ways are Application performance management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
– Which Application performance management goals are the most important?
Performance metrics Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Performance metrics tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Performance metrics decisions.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Application performance management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are there Application performance management problems defined?
Platform virtualization Critical Criteria:
Derive from Platform virtualization strategies and figure out ways to motivate other Platform virtualization users.
– Does Application performance management analysis show the relationships among important Application performance management factors?
– Do we monitor the Application performance management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the scope of Application performance management defined?
Port mirroring Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Port mirroring governance and research ways can we become the Port mirroring company that would put us out of business.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Application performance management process?
Resource Critical Criteria:
Frame Resource outcomes and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Resource decisions.
– Monitor expense, resources used, reports, and understand how this is all working on the cloud. Compare with your old server environment. Is it what you expected?
– A vital question in new product management is: how should the business most effectively invest its research and development (r&d) and new product resources?
– Given that we simply do not have the resources to save all the data that comes into an organization, what shall be saved and what shall be lost?
– Have you and your change team determined how to clearly communicate what is expected of employees and resources available to them?
– What are the costs and price models (e.g., per hour on demand, per hour reserved, market bidding) for each type of resource?
– Are there cases when the company may collect, use and disclose personal data without consent or accommodation?
– How can operators avoid becoming simply pipes, and instead control their resources and create value?
– Imagine you have six products. How should you allocate your limited marketing resources among them?
– Does any other department depend on data or computing resources that your department provides?
– Are adequate resources allocated to appropriately deploy user-access management controls?
– To satisfy our customers and stakeholders, what financial objectives must we accomplish?
– Why does the company collect and use personal data in the employment context?
– What are the legal risks in using Big Data/People Analytics in hiring?
– Can you think of other ways to reduce the costs of managing employees?
– Are there types of data to which the employee does not have access?
– What resources are devoted to analytics?
– Who has access to what resource?
– Are the resources for the ISMS managed?
Round-trip delay time Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Round-trip delay time quality and transcribe Round-trip delay time as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Is Application performance management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How to deal with Application performance management Changes?
Software Critical Criteria:
Investigate Software quality and define Software competency-based leadership.
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Where does the organization develop, test and deploy its software products and services?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade/refresh cycles?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– Is the software system safe?
– What is ASD to us?
Synthetic monitoring Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Synthetic monitoring strategies and change contexts.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Application performance management, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Application performance management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How can skill-level changes improve Application performance management?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Systems management goals and look at the big picture.
– How important is Application performance management to the user organizations mission?
– What are the barriers to increased Application performance management production?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Think about User experience tactics and learn.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– What are the business goals Application performance management is aiming to achieve?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– Are we Assessing Application performance management and Risk?
– What does User Experience do?
Website monitoring Critical Criteria:
Categorize Website monitoring planning and create Website monitoring explanations for all managers.
– In the case of a Application performance management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Application performance management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Application performance management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Application performance management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Application performance management process available?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Application performance management?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application performance management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application performance management External links:
Enable IBM Application Performance Management …
Application Performance Management | TraceView
Application Performance Management for Big Data – Unravel
Application Response Measurement External links:
ARM – Application Response Measurement
Application Response Measurement (ARM) Tools | MyARM
Application service management External links:
APPLICATION SERVICE MANAGEMENT DEVICE AND …
Skill Pages – Application service management | Dice.com
Business transaction management External links:
[PDF]Oracle® Business Transaction Management
Oracle® Business Transaction Management Release …
Business transaction management – DocuSign
Business transaction performance External links:
Business Transaction Performance – Pinterest
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Data analytics External links:
What is data analytics (DA)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What is Data Analytics? – Definition from Techopedia
Twitter Data Analytics – TweetTracker
Gartner External links:
Gartner Events On Demand
Gartner Studios – Official Site
Working at Gartner
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Level of service External links:
[PDF]APPENDIX B Traffic Level of Service Calculation Methods
[PDF]Predicting outcome with the Level of Service …
Middleware External links:
ASP.NET Core Middleware | Microsoft Docs
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services – WebUtil
Welcome to GoSOLAR — Oracle Fusion Middleware — …
Network management External links:
UNMS – Ubiquiti Network Management System
Video: Network Management Card (NMC) Password …
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
Performance metric External links:
[PDF]AbstractID: 1651 Title: A Performance Metric for …
performance metric – Wiktionary
performance metrics – Wiktionary
Performance metrics External links:
Log in – Automated Traffic Signal Performance Metrics
Enterprise Performance Metrics
Performance metrics and goals | Mass.gov
Platform virtualization External links:
[PDF]Software platform virtualization in chemistry …
Port mirroring External links:
Port Mirroring – 4503 – The Cisco Learning Network
[PDF]RECORDING VoIP TRAFFIC via PORT MIRRORING …
Resource External links:
Title Resources – Official Site
First American – Title Resource Database
The Title Resource Network
Round-trip delay time External links:
Round-trip delay time – YouTube
RTD | Round-Trip Delay Time | Glossary
Software External links:
Insite Software – Concur
Insite Software | Built for B2B™
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Synthetic monitoring External links:
Synthetic Monitoring | Catchpoint
Synthetic Monitoring Support | Dynatrace
What is Synthetic Monitoring? – MaxCDN
Systems management External links:
Geographic Information Systems Management Office – …
Welcome to the Mail Systems Management Association
User experience External links:
User Experience Professionals Association
User Experience | UX Design Tools | Optimal Workshop
Academy Xi – Learn User Experience Design, Service …
Website monitoring External links:
checkwebsite.org @ Website Monitoring – …
Site24x7 – Website Monitoring, Website Monitoring …
Website Monitoring – MxToolbox