What is involved in Customer Engagement
Find out what the related areas are that Customer Engagement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer Engagement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer Engagement Center Workforce Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer Engagement Center Workforce Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer Engagement related domains to cover and 111 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer Engagement, Advertising Research Foundation, Brand loyalty, Business communication, CVP Analysis, Click-through rate, Communal marketing, Consumer-generated media, Customer experience, Customer relationship management, Customer service, Engagement marketing, IAG Research, Internet marketing, Nielsen Media Research, Right-time marketing, Simmons Research, Social phenomenon, Stakeholder theory, Switching barriers, Target market, The Long Tail, User generated content, World Federation of Advertisers:
Customer Engagement Critical Criteria:
Map Customer Engagement failures and report on setting up Customer Engagement without losing ground.
– Does Customer Engagement analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– Have all basic functions of Customer Engagement been defined?
Advertising Research Foundation Critical Criteria:
Examine Advertising Research Foundation failures and prioritize challenges of Advertising Research Foundation.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Customer Engagement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Customer Engagement into the services that we provide?
– Do we all define Customer Engagement in the same way?
Brand loyalty Critical Criteria:
Recall Brand loyalty goals and transcribe Brand loyalty as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do we measure improved Customer Engagement service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is a Customer Engagement Team Work effort in place?
Business communication Critical Criteria:
Judge Business communication governance and find answers.
– When a Customer Engagement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are all of our Customer Engagement domains and what do they do?
– Who sets the Customer Engagement standards?
CVP Analysis Critical Criteria:
Inquire about CVP Analysis adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other CVP Analysis users.
– How do we Lead with Customer Engagement in Mind?
Click-through rate Critical Criteria:
Understand Click-through rate governance and point out improvements in Click-through rate.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Customer Engagement process?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Customer Engagement is underway?
– What vendors make products that address the Customer Engagement needs?
Communal marketing Critical Criteria:
Boost Communal marketing outcomes and figure out ways to motivate other Communal marketing users.
– Have you identified your Customer Engagement key performance indicators?
– Are there recognized Customer Engagement problems?
Consumer-generated media Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Consumer-generated media quality and research ways can we become the Consumer-generated media company that would put us out of business.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Customer Engagement processes?
– How will you know that the Customer Engagement project has been successful?
– What are the barriers to increased Customer Engagement production?
Customer experience Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Customer experience management and separate what are the business goals Customer experience is aiming to achieve.
– What are the disruptive Customer Engagement technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Customer Engagement leaders?
– When a person has a bad Customer Service experience how many people do they tell?
– How does mystery shopping help us improve our Customer Service and experience?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Customer Engagement?
– what is Different Between B2C B2B Customer Experience Management?
– What are the best community tools for Customer Service?
– So how do we add value to the customer experience?
– What is the internal customer experience?
– How can Customer Service be improved?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Customer relationship management quality and achieve a single Customer relationship management view and bringing data together.
– How can we truly understand and predict our customers needs to the point where we can design products and services that suit their needs?
– What is the current menu structure of the IVR and what systems/applications does it need to interface with to retrieve information?
– Are there any restrictions within the standard support and maintenance agreement on the number of staff that can request support?
– Does the current system allow for service cases to be opened in the CRM directly from the exchange site?
– Performance measurement system design: Should process based approaches be adopted?
– What are the strategic implications of the implementation and use of CRM systems?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– What is the progression of product/service orders for a typical customer?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– What do you consider a short call and what is the threshold in seconds?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– What are the basic activities of customer life-cycle management?
– What steps do we use in rolling out customer selfservice?
– Is the offline synching performance acceptable?
– What should we do about motivation theory?
– Do we invest in Web self-services?
– What happens to workflows?
– Does it pay to be green?
– Who are my customers?
– Is crm worth it?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Customer service leadership and shift your focus.
– How would you as an individual feel if you had made what you felt was a valid complaint, and the organization/company dismissed it as being of no concern and not worth sorting out?
– You and your department should track problems that are reported by your customers. if you never track problems, how can you improve?
– When you contact a Customer Service center by phone, what is the maximum amount of time you are willing to wait on hold?
– How might the key characteristics of your service change in the future if the customers and their expectations change?
– What do you think might typically form part of your organization s overall package from a customer s perspective?
– Where do you send a call, e-mail, or correspondence if you do not know where they should go?
– What are the anticipated hours of operation for live Customer Service support?
– Do we End each day with a sense of personal accomplishment and fulfillment?
– What awards has Customer Service in our organization been presented?
– What is your Preferred channel for reaching out to companies?
– Do we respond appropriately to Customer Service complaints?
– What systems and procedures do we have in place?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– What features are important to you?
– What Customer Services are needed?
– When Is Service Recovery Needed?
– Do we perform Skills Audits ?
– Are your systems easy to use?
– Arent all customers alike?
– So WHY Do WE Care?
Engagement marketing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Engagement marketing strategies and transcribe Engagement marketing as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How will you measure your Customer Engagement effectiveness?
IAG Research Critical Criteria:
Design IAG Research leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple IAG Research skills.
– How to Secure Customer Engagement?
Internet marketing Critical Criteria:
Refer to Internet marketing goals and separate what are the business goals Internet marketing is aiming to achieve.
– Is maximizing Customer Engagement protection the same as minimizing Customer Engagement loss?
– Is the scope of Customer Engagement defined?
Nielsen Media Research Critical Criteria:
Own Nielsen Media Research results and find the essential reading for Nielsen Media Research researchers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Customer Engagement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Customer Engagement project lifecycle?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Customer Engagement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is Customer Engagement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Right-time marketing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Right-time marketing failures and maintain Right-time marketing for success.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Customer Engagement project?
– How do we manage Customer Engagement Knowledge Management (KM)?
Simmons Research Critical Criteria:
Discuss Simmons Research outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Simmons Research skills.
– What is the source of the strategies for Customer Engagement strengthening and reform?
– Does the Customer Engagement task fit the clients priorities?
– What about Customer Engagement Analysis of results?
Social phenomenon Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Social phenomenon failures and grade techniques for implementing Social phenomenon controls.
– Think about the people you identified for your Customer Engagement project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– If we consider a business relationship as an economic and social phenomenon and want to deal with it accordingly, what we can learn from sociology?
– Does Customer Engagement analysis show the relationships among important Customer Engagement factors?
Stakeholder theory Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Stakeholder theory outcomes and pioneer acquisition of Stakeholder theory systems.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Customer Engagement project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How can you measure Customer Engagement in a systematic way?
– Why is Customer Engagement important for you now?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Analyze Switching barriers issues and oversee implementation of Switching barriers.
– Is there a Customer Engagement Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In what ways are Customer Engagement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Customer Engagement?
Target market Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Target market tactics and point out improvements in Target market.
– What are the key elements of your Customer Engagement performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Which of the market segments will be the target market for this campaign?
– Who is the Target Market?
The Long Tail Critical Criteria:
Infer The Long Tail projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling The Long Tail projects.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Customer Engagement ?
– What are the business goals Customer Engagement is aiming to achieve?
User generated content Critical Criteria:
Be clear about User generated content issues and point out User generated content tensions in leadership.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Customer Engagement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will Customer Engagement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Customer Engagement project?
World Federation of Advertisers Critical Criteria:
Refer to World Federation of Advertisers projects and find the essential reading for World Federation of Advertisers researchers.
– Who will provide the final approval of Customer Engagement deliverables?
– How is the value delivered by Customer Engagement being measured?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer Engagement Center Workforce Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer Engagement External links:
Signal – Customer Engagement Marketing | Identity …
Customer Engagement & Speech Analytics | CallMiner
http://Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Advertising Research Foundation External links:
Advertising Research Foundation – Home | Facebook
19 Advertising Research Foundation reviews in New York City, NY. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
The Advertising Research Foundation
Brand loyalty External links:
4 Strategies That Drive Brand Loyalty – Entrepreneur
Brand Loyalty – Investopedia
Business communication External links:
About PMT: Home & Business Communication Solutions
Business Communication Solutions | Vonage Business
Fundamentals of Business Communication | Student Site
CVP Analysis External links:
CH 3 CVP analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Click-through rate External links:
Average Click-Through Rate (CTR): Learn How Your …
Click-Through Rate (CTR) – Investopedia
How “Unique Click-Through Rate” is calculated in …
Consumer-generated media External links:
Consumer-Generated Media (CGM) – Gartner IT Glossary
“Consumer-Generated Media and Advertising—Are They …
Customer experience External links:
GameStop Customer Experience Survey
Who Drives Customer Experience: The CIO, The CMO, or …
Do You Have a Customer Experience Title? | CustomerThink
Customer relationship management External links:
PipelineDeals – Customer Relationship Management …
Customer Relationship Management Software | SugarCRM
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Customer service External links:
Customer Service – WFG National Title Company
Capital One Customer Service | Contact Us
Customer Service – Kohl’s
Engagement marketing External links:
Contact Us | Ansira Engagement Marketing
Rich Engagement Marketing – Platform Login
Quikly – Digital Engagement Marketing Platform
IAG Research External links:
Nielsen to Buy IAG Research for $225 Million | Media – AdAge
IAG Research & Ratings – IAMGOLD Corp. – Barron’s
IAG Research | Companies | Insight Venture Partners
Internet marketing External links:
Local Internet Marketing by BrandRep
Digital Marketing – Internet Marketing – The Search Agency
in10sity – Content Management Systems – Internet Marketing
Nielsen Media Research External links:
nielsen media research Careers & Jobs – Monster Jobs
Nielsen Media Research’s Glossary of Media Terms
Nielsen Media Research – Official MapQuest
Right-time marketing External links:
Real-Time Marketing vs. Right-Time Marketing
Simmons Research External links:
Simmons Research – Official Site
Simmons Research – Home | Facebook
Our Team – Simmons Research
Social phenomenon External links:
What is a social phenomenon – Answers.com
What is a list of social phenomenon? | Nature Science
Stakeholder theory External links:
Stakeholder Theory Flashcards | Quizlet
Stakeholder Theory Definition from Financial Times Lexicon
R. Edward Freeman | Stakeholder Theory
Switching barriers External links:
What are Switching Barriers? – Simplicable
Target market External links:
Target Market Segment Strategy | Chron.com
4 Marketing Principles to Dominate Your Target Market
The Long Tail External links:
The long tail of Jim Crow – Salon.com
User generated content External links:
User Generated Content Marketing Solution | Yotpo
World Federation of Advertisers External links:
World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) | EASA
WFA World Federation of Advertisers on Vimeo
The World Federation of Advertisers – Ebiquity Opinion