What is involved in help desk
Find out what the related areas are that help desk connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a help desk thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its help desk journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward help desk leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which help desk related domains to cover and 209 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
help desk, Application software, Automatic call distributor, Call board, Call center, Call centre, Comparison of help desk issue tracking software, Comparison of issue-tracking systems, Comparison shopping website, Computer configuration, Computer network, Computer peripheral, Computer security, Customer service, Desktop computer, Digital distribution, End user, Enterprise software, Erlang unit, Fax machines, Flower delivery, Help desk software, Information technology, Issue tracking system, Knowledge base, Mobile commerce, Mobile payment, Mobile ticketing, Online advertising, Online auction, Online banking, Online chat, Online food ordering, Online grocer, Online pharmacy, Online trading community, Online wallet, Personal digital assistant, Point of contact, Private branch exchange, Queue area, Remote Assistance Software, Social commerce, Software bug, Streaming media, Support automation, Technical support, Travel website:
help desk Critical Criteria:
Contribute to help desk results and observe effective help desk.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– How important is help desk to the user organizations mission?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How do we Improve help desk service perception, and satisfaction?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
– How do we maintain help desks Integrity?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Derive from Application software issues and find answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent help desk services/products?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is maximizing help desk protection the same as minimizing help desk loss?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– What is the purpose of help desk in relation to the mission?
Automatic call distributor Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Automatic call distributor decisions and forecast involvement of future Automatic call distributor projects in development.
– Does help desk include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the short and long-term help desk goals?
– Which help desk goals are the most important?
Call board Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Call board goals and improve Call board service perception.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this help desk process?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic help desk objectives?
– Is the scope of help desk defined?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Call center quality and handle a jump-start course to Call center.
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the help desk process?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– What are the Essentials of Internal help desk Management?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
– What will drive help desk change?
Call centre Critical Criteria:
X-ray Call centre issues and finalize specific methods for Call centre acceptance.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your help desk project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good help desk project manager?
– How do we Lead with help desk in Mind?
Comparison of help desk issue tracking software Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Comparison of help desk issue tracking software planning and correct Comparison of help desk issue tracking software management by competencies.
– Does help desk analysis show the relationships among important help desk factors?
– Is there any existing help desk governance structure?
Comparison of issue-tracking systems Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Comparison of issue-tracking systems projects and work towards be a leading Comparison of issue-tracking systems expert.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of help desk into the services that we provide?
– What are the barriers to increased help desk production?
– Are there help desk Models?
Comparison shopping website Critical Criteria:
Refer to Comparison shopping website projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What business benefits will help desk goals deliver if achieved?
– What are internal and external help desk relations?
Computer configuration Critical Criteria:
Talk about Computer configuration engagements and ask questions.
– Which customers cant participate in our help desk domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a help desk strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Can we do help desk without complex (expensive) analysis?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Computer network results and balance specific methods for improving Computer network results.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Who needs to know about help desk ?
– How to Secure help desk?
Computer peripheral Critical Criteria:
Survey Computer peripheral quality and optimize Computer peripheral leadership as a key to advancement.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once help desk is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will provide the final approval of help desk deliverables?
– Does the help desk task fit the clients priorities?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Computer security decisions and know what your objective is.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate help desk delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is our formula for success in help desk ?
– Do we have past help desk Successes?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Customer service decisions and spearhead techniques for implementing Customer service.
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the maximum amount of time you are willing to wait for help from Customer Service in-person (ex., at a bank, retail store, service provider or restaurant)?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– How can recognition of the cultural value of importance of family be helpful in Customer Service?
– What is your general confidence level of the quality of information Customer Service delivers?
– What are some considerations for improving communication in a diverse environment?
– Do we Greet our customer by asking questions like, hello, how may I help you?
– What does the enterprise service quality index (esqi) mean for customers?
– Do we respond appropriately to Customer Service complaints?
– How should you approach clients verbally and nonverbally?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– Do we meet our Customer Service goals and timelines?
– What is the percentage of calls transferred to you?
– How often do you direct the caller to our web site?
– How does your customer see your organization?
– What level of service should be offered?
– What is Effective Customer Service?
– What really is Customer Service?
– What are our values?
Desktop computer Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Desktop computer adoptions and do something to it.
– In the case of a help desk project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a help desk project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any help desk project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do mission and objectives affect the help desk processes of our organization?
– Is help desk Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Digital distribution Critical Criteria:
Design Digital distribution outcomes and integrate design thinking in Digital distribution innovation.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your help desk strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Have the types of risks that may impact help desk been identified and analyzed?
– How do we manage help desk Knowledge Management (KM)?
End user Critical Criteria:
Mine End user leadership and maintain End user for success.
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of help desk moving forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom help desk project?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Are assumptions made in help desk stated explicitly?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Unify Enterprise software goals and gather practices for scaling Enterprise software.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in help desk?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
Erlang unit Critical Criteria:
Investigate Erlang unit decisions and slay a dragon.
– Is there a help desk Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In what ways are help desk vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Fax machines Critical Criteria:
Own Fax machines failures and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Fax machines projects.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to help desk?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the help desk process?
Flower delivery Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Flower delivery decisions and define Flower delivery competency-based leadership.
– How can you measure help desk in a systematic way?
– How do we go about Securing help desk?
Help desk software Critical Criteria:
Start Help desk software visions and budget for Help desk software challenges.
– Will help desk have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a help desk project?
– What about help desk Analysis of results?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information technology tactics and report on setting up Information technology without losing ground.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if help desk does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do we go about Comparing help desk approaches/solutions?
– Do we all define help desk in the same way?
Issue tracking system Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Issue tracking system engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Issue tracking system.
Knowledge base Critical Criteria:
Scan Knowledge base adoptions and perfect Knowledge base conflict management.
– Do we support the certified Cybersecurity professional and cyber-informed operations and engineering professionals with advanced problem-solving tools, communities of practice, canonical knowledge bases, and other performance support tools?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which help desk models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the disruptive help desk technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can specialized social networks replace learning management systems?
Mobile commerce Critical Criteria:
Align Mobile commerce governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mobile commerce because they lack skills.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your help desk activities?
– What are our help desk Processes?
Mobile payment Critical Criteria:
Add value to Mobile payment leadership and devote time assessing Mobile payment and its risk.
– What are our best practices for minimizing help desk project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the help desk project lifecycle?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding help desk?
– What killer use cases in mobile payments have not been considered?
– Will mobile payments ever replace credit cards?
Mobile ticketing Critical Criteria:
Define Mobile ticketing failures and grade techniques for implementing Mobile ticketing controls.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of help desk activities?
– Why is help desk important for you now?
– How can the value of help desk be defined?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Online advertising strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Consider your own help desk project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do we monitor the help desk decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Online auction Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Online auction management and spearhead techniques for implementing Online auction.
Online banking Critical Criteria:
Audit Online banking management and ask what if.
– How to deal with help desk Changes?
Online chat Critical Criteria:
Sort Online chat strategies and find answers.
– What kinds of support services (e.g., via e-mail, phone calls, online chat) does the provider offer to its customers and in which languages?
– What alternatives do the vendors offer for contacting technical support (e.g., email, telephone, online chat, and web-based reporting)?
– Is the help desk organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How will you measure your help desk effectiveness?
Online food ordering Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Online food ordering outcomes and reduce Online food ordering costs.
– How do we ensure that implementations of help desk products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Online grocer Critical Criteria:
Coach on Online grocer tactics and optimize Online grocer leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your help desk processes?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of help desk that make it risky?
– How do we measure improved help desk service perception, and satisfaction?
Online pharmacy Critical Criteria:
Meet over Online pharmacy results and drive action.
– What are current help desk Paradigms?
– Are there help desk problems defined?
Online trading community Critical Criteria:
Sort Online trading community results and create a map for yourself.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for help desk strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of help desk?
– How can we improve help desk?
Online wallet Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Online wallet visions and intervene in Online wallet processes and leadership.
– What are the key elements of your help desk performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can you negotiate help desk successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What is the source of the strategies for help desk strengthening and reform?
Personal digital assistant Critical Criteria:
Steer Personal digital assistant decisions and maintain Personal digital assistant for success.
– Can we add value to the current help desk decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What support does the IT Security product provide for laptops/notebooks, personal digital assistants (PDA), and IP-based phones?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that help desk objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are all of our help desk domains and what do they do?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Devise Point of contact strategies and optimize Point of contact leadership as a key to advancement.
– What management system can we use to leverage the help desk experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Private branch exchange outcomes and report on developing an effective Private branch exchange strategy.
– What are the business goals help desk is aiming to achieve?
– How is the value delivered by help desk being measured?
– Have all basic functions of help desk been defined?
Queue area Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Queue area failures and oversee Queue area management by competencies.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a help desk process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the help desk process available?
– What are specific help desk Rules to follow?
Remote Assistance Software Critical Criteria:
Recall Remote Assistance Software issues and balance specific methods for improving Remote Assistance Software results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these help desk processes?
– What are our needs in relation to help desk skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Social commerce Critical Criteria:
Frame Social commerce projects and oversee Social commerce management by competencies.
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Trace Software bug management and overcome Software bug skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the long-term help desk goals?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Streaming media leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Streaming media services.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective help desk leader?
Support automation Critical Criteria:
Shape Support automation failures and pioneer acquisition of Support automation systems.
– Do the help desk decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is Effective help desk?
Technical support Critical Criteria:
Analyze Technical support visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Technical support projects.
– If technical support services are included, what is the vendors commitment to timely response?
– Does help desk create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Travel website Critical Criteria:
Coach on Travel website adoptions and grade techniques for implementing Travel website controls.
– Does help desk analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the help desk Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
help desk External links:
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
ND University System Help Desk | NDUS CTS
Application software External links:
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Automatic call distributor External links:
What is an Automatic Call Distributor? | Top10VOIPList
What is an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD)? | Talkdesk
Call board External links:
How it Works « One Call Board of Texas
FAQs « One Call Board of Texas
[PDF]ROLL CALL BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: ALSO …
Call center External links:
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
Call Center Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]The Roles and Responsibilities of a Call Center Staff
Call centre External links:
Call Centre In Delhi Usa Pharmacy | 1stDrugstore
Datablazers Inc. | Your Trusted Data and Call Centre Partner
Call Centre and Customer Service Jobs Cork, Ireland
Comparison of help desk issue tracking software External links:
Comparison of Help Desk Issue Tracking Software – YouTube
Comparison shopping website External links:
Best Comparison Shopping Website – …
Computer configuration External links:
Computer Configuration Check – Tribridge
Computer Configuration Check – Tribridge
Computer peripheral External links:
computer peripheral | Definition & Examples | Britannica.com
Computer security External links:
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Best Computer Security | Security Software Companies| Softex
Customer service External links:
CW Title – customer service
Customer Service | Progressive
ODJFS | Child Support Customer Service Portal
Desktop computer External links:
What is a Desktop Computer?
15 Best Desktop Computer Speakers of 2018 – Best Products
Rent To Own a Desktop Computer with Windows 8
Digital distribution External links:
Digital Distribution to World’s Largest VOD Platforms
End user External links:
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
[PDF]Aggregation Services End User Terms – Charles Schwab
[PDF]Avaya 1608 IP Telephone End User Guide – Vermont
Enterprise software External links:
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Fax machines External links:
Brother Fax Machines
Many fax machines pose ID theft risk – CBS News
Flower delivery External links:
Flower Delivery & Florist – Send Flowers – BloomThat
Send Flowers | Same Day Flower Delivery from Blooms Today
Flowers | Online Flower Delivery | Send Flowers | ProFlowers
Help desk software External links:
SysAid Help Desk Software
SysAid Help Desk Software – Philadelphia
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Issue tracking system External links:
Login – Smart Issue Tracking System
issue tracking system – Wiktionary
Transoft – Issue Tracking System
Knowledge base External links:
Indiana University – IU Knowledge Base
Star2Star Communications Knowledge Base
Carbonite Support Knowledge Base
Mobile commerce External links:
Ready for Next – Mobile Commerce – CyberSource
The Fastest Mobile Commerce Platform | PredictSpring
ReplyBuy | Mobile Commerce + Marketing Automation
Mobile payment External links:
Samsung Pay: Mobile Payment App & Digital Wallet | …
mPay2Park. The Mobile Payment Solution.
Mobile payment (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Mobile ticketing External links:
Passport Mobile Ticketing for Transit Agencies – Passport
Mobile Ticketing | Golden State Warriors
Bytemark, Inc. – The Mobile Ticketing and Commerce Platform
Online auction External links:
JNJ ONLINE AUCTION, LLC – West Michigan’s Premiere …
BIDRL.COM Online Auction Marketplace
Online banking External links:
myBranch Online Banking Log In | Security Service
TD Bank Online Banking
SunTrust Online Banking
Online chat External links:
Contact HP – Online chat options | HP® Official Site
Free Online Chat Rooms – Wireclub
Mammoth Mountain Official Online Chat | Mammoth Resorts
Online food ordering External links:
Online Food Ordering – Chris’ Kitchen
Frankies Patriot BBQ Clearwater – Online Food Ordering
Online Food Ordering
Online grocer External links:
Hornbacher’s Grocery – Online Grocery Made Easy! Same …
Safeway – Groceries Online | Online Grocery Delivery
Hy-Vee Aisles Online Grocery Shopping
Online pharmacy External links:
Online Pharmacy 4 U | 365PillsOnline
Online Pharmacy Tech Class | OnlineDrugStore | BestPrice!
Online Pharmacy In Thailand | AccessRxUSA
Online trading community External links:
Online Trading Community – Home | Facebook
WORLD’S LARGEST ONLINE TRADING COMMUNITY …
The Exchange | Questrade’s online trading community
Online wallet External links:
OTTOCOIN dot Cash – OTC Online Wallet
Which is the best online wallet to store IOTA? – Quora
Personal digital assistant External links:
PALM PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT – GovDeals.com
Point of contact External links:
Site Point of Contact Portal
State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) | opgs
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
Private branch exchange External links:
What is private branch exchange (PBX) ? – Definition …
What is Private Branch Exchange (PBX)? Webopedia …
PBX (Private Branch eXchange) – Tech-FAQ
Queue area External links:
Queue area – definition of Queue area by The Free Dictionary
Local System Queue Area – TheFreeDictionary
Remote Assistance Software External links:
Remote Assistance Software for IT Support – Free Account
Remote Assistance Software Download | iApproach
Eurocomp eSupport Remote Assistance Software
Social commerce External links:
The 4 Social Commerce Trends You’ll Master This Year
Social Commerce – Investopedia
Software bug External links:
Apple fixes software bug in iPhone 6 – Sep. 26, 2014
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
Streaming media External links:
Streaming Media Device | 4K & HD | The Dragon Box
Streaming Media & Television | senate.ca.gov
Streaming Media Services – technet.microsoft.com
Support automation External links:
Ada — Support automation made simple
Support Automation and Insight Remote Support | HPE™
Technical support External links:
Spy Tec GPS Tracking Support Page | Technical Support
Eaglesoft.net – Patterson Technical Support Contacts
Technical Support | Carrier Residential
http://www.carrier.com › /
Travel website External links:
Getting Here & Around | The Berkshires Official Travel Website