What is involved in Customer Analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Customer Analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Customer Analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Customer Analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Customer Analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Customer Analytics related domains to cover and 129 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Customer Analytics, Business analytics, Buyer decision processes, Consumer behaviour, Consumer profile, Credit card, Customer Relationship Management, Customer behavior, Customer data management, Customer privacy, Data clustering, Data mining, Data warehouse, Decision support system, Direct marketing, Lifestyle, Loyalty card, Magazine subscription, Market segment, Mattersight Corporation, Predictive analytics, Predictive model, Psychographic, Psychographics, Site selection, Survey, Voter registration:
Customer Analytics Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Customer Analytics engagements and explore and align the progress in Customer Analytics.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Customer Analytics process?
– What are the usability implications of Customer Analytics actions?
– Is Customer Analytics Required?
Business analytics Critical Criteria:
Infer Business analytics planning and maintain Business analytics for success.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Customer Analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Customer Analytics that make it risky?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– Who needs to know about Customer Analytics ?
Buyer decision processes Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Buyer decision processes outcomes and correct better engagement with Buyer decision processes results.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Customer Analytics?
– Do we monitor the Customer Analytics decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How would one define Customer Analytics leadership?
Consumer behaviour Critical Criteria:
Check Consumer behaviour projects and secure Consumer behaviour creativity.
– Does Customer Analytics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Customer Analytics project manager?
– How do we go about Comparing Customer Analytics approaches/solutions?
Consumer profile Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Consumer profile outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Consumer profile services.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Customer Analytics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the short and long-term Customer Analytics goals?
Credit card Critical Criteria:
Guide Credit card failures and revise understanding of Credit card architectures.
– In the case of a Customer Analytics project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Customer Analytics project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Customer Analytics project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Customer Analytics process?
– If credit card payments are accepted, do we currently have a payment gateway?
– Does the Customer Analytics task fit the clients priorities?
– Will mobile payments ever replace credit cards?
Customer Relationship Management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Customer Relationship Management failures and intervene in Customer Relationship Management processes and leadership.
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– What volume of mentions has your organization handled in the past (e.g. 2,500 mentions per week)?
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– What creates value for the users, and does this create a structural bond?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to the offline data store?
– What are the information elements and structures involved in the KMS?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– What are the basic activities of customer life-cycle management?
– How can the many barriers to CRM implementation be overcome?
– Will the customer have access to a development environment?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– Is the Outlook synchronization subscription valid?
– Is the e-mail tagging performance acceptable?
– How do we Evolve from CRM to Social CRM?
– Is the memory load acceptable?
– How does CRM relate to CCM?
Customer behavior Critical Criteria:
Analyze Customer behavior leadership and look at the big picture.
– Is Customer Analytics Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Customer data management Critical Criteria:
Align Customer data management leadership and probe Customer data management strategic alliances.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Customer Analytics processes?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Customer Analytics moving forward?
– What threat is Customer Analytics addressing?
Customer privacy Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Customer privacy failures and do something to it.
– Describe the companys current practices that are used to protect proprietary information and customer privacy and personal information. Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– Do those selected for the Customer Analytics team have a good general understanding of what Customer Analytics is all about?
– Who sets the Customer Analytics standards?
Data clustering Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Data clustering tactics and mentor Data clustering customer orientation.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Customer Analytics services/products?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Customer Analytics leader?
– Why should we adopt a Customer Analytics framework?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Examine Data mining adoptions and probe Data mining strategic alliances.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Customer Analytics is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Customer Analytics strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Customer Analytics forward?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Data warehouse engagements and differentiate in coordinating Data warehouse.
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– How likely is the current Customer Analytics plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Do Customer Analytics rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Decision support system Critical Criteria:
Map Decision support system engagements and devote time assessing Decision support system and its risk.
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– Will Customer Analytics deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How will you measure your Customer Analytics effectiveness?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Direct marketing risks and handle a jump-start course to Direct marketing.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Customer Analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Customer Analytics values?
– How can the value of Customer Analytics be defined?
Lifestyle Critical Criteria:
Adapt Lifestyle adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Lifestyle.
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– Do the Customer Analytics decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Customer Analytics requirements in detail?
Loyalty card Critical Criteria:
Deduce Loyalty card visions and forecast involvement of future Loyalty card projects in development.
– How will you know that the Customer Analytics project has been successful?
– Why are Customer Analytics skills important?
Magazine subscription Critical Criteria:
Group Magazine subscription decisions and explore and align the progress in Magazine subscription.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Customer Analytics effort?
Market segment Critical Criteria:
Study Market segment visions and finalize the present value of growth of Market segment.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– As a CSP undertakes to build out or take a fresh look at its service offerings, the CSP should clearly define its business strategy and related risk management philosophy. What market segments or industries does the CSP intend to serve?
– To what extent will this product open up new market segments (e.g., industry lines, customer groups, geographical areas) that may be valuable also for other product lines?
– How do you identify and anticipate how requirements and changing expectations will differ across CUSTOMERS, CUSTOMER groups, and market SEGMENTS and across the CUSTOMER life cycle?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Customer Analytics. How do we gain traction?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Customer Analytics opportunities costing us money?
– Which of the market segments will be the target market for this campaign?
– What market segments or industries does the CSP intend to serve?
– Which Customer Analytics goals are the most important?
– What market segment(s) are served by the company?
Mattersight Corporation Critical Criteria:
Survey Mattersight Corporation goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Mattersight Corporation.
– What are our needs in relation to Customer Analytics skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What about Customer Analytics Analysis of results?
Predictive analytics Critical Criteria:
Define Predictive analytics planning and reduce Predictive analytics costs.
– Which customers cant participate in our Customer Analytics domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Customer Analytics move?
– How do we maintain Customer Analyticss Integrity?
Predictive model Critical Criteria:
Analyze Predictive model outcomes and work towards be a leading Predictive model expert.
– As we develop increasing numbers of predictive models, then we have to figure out how do you pick the targets, how do you optimize the models?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Customer Analytics activities?
– Is there any existing Customer Analytics governance structure?
– Are you currently using predictive modeling to drive results?
Psychographic Critical Criteria:
Boost Psychographic engagements and perfect Psychographic conflict management.
– Can we add value to the current Customer Analytics decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Psychographics Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Psychographics risks and forecast involvement of future Psychographics projects in development.
– Does our organization need more Customer Analytics education?
– Why is Customer Analytics important for you now?
Site selection Critical Criteria:
Dissect Site selection tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– What vendors make products that address the Customer Analytics needs?
Survey Critical Criteria:
Guide Survey risks and observe effective Survey.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Do we plan to assess employees reactions to change (via surveys, focus groups, etc.)?
– What is the source of the strategies for Customer Analytics strengthening and reform?
– Have you identified your Customer Analytics key performance indicators?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– What is a routine sanitary survey?
Voter registration Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Voter registration management and track iterative Voter registration results.
– What are the key elements of your Customer Analytics performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Customer Analytics, including any consulting or professional services?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Customer Analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Customer Analytics External links:
Our Team | Customer Analytics Experts | ClickFox
Customer Analytics & Predictive Analytics Tools for Business
Customer Analytics – Gartner IT Glossary
Business analytics External links:
Business Analytics. Data Science. Data Management. – …
Power BI Business Analytics Solutions
Consumer behaviour External links:
Consumer Behaviour Report
CSR and Consumer Behaviour | QuestionPro Survey
Chapter 4: Consumer Behaviour Flashcards | Quizlet
Consumer profile External links:
John Carlson Consumer Profile – ZeekBeek
Consumer Profile | SparkPeople
Free Consumer Profile | Qazzoo.com
Credit card External links:
Consumer Credit Card Programs – Wells Fargo Retail Services
Free Credit Report: No Credit Card Needed.
Blaze MasterCard Credit Card
Customer Relationship Management External links:
Salesnet CRM Solutions | Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management Login – NOVAtime
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Customer data management External links:
Mastersoft Group – Customer Data Management and …
Customer Data Management | RedPoint Global
Easy Customer Data Management with Hull’s B2B …
Customer privacy External links:
Customer Privacy Notice | The Hartford
Customer Privacy | Windstream
Data clustering External links:
Data Clustering – SAO/NASA ADS
Different Techniques of Data Clustering – Tripod.com
[PDF]Data Clustering: K-means and Hierarchical Clustering
Data mining External links:
Data Mining (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Data Mining Report – fas.org
data aggregation in data mining ppt
Data warehouse External links:
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
qa data warehouse jobs | Dice.com
Decision support system External links:
CureMatch Decision Support System For Oncologist to …
decision support system | Fort Collins Science Center
What is Decision Support System | InTechOpen
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Precinct Recruitment Solutions – direct marketing …
Compu-Mail Direct Marketing ::: Mail, Printing, Fulfillment
Loyalty card External links:
Stamp Me – Loyalty Card App
Loyalty Card FAQs – Cardholder | Regions
Online Loyalty Card Enrollment — Powered by ProfitPoint, Inc.
Magazine subscription External links:
Cricket Magazine Subscription – MagazineDiscountCenter
Magazine Subscription Discounts & Deals | Magazines.com
Girls’ Life Magazine Subscription Center
Market segment External links:
What Are the Different Types of Market Segments?
[PDF]JOB TITLE: Market Segment Leader – Wiseco
Mattersight Corporation External links:
Mattersight Corporation Common Stock (MATR) Real …
Mattersight Corporation – MATR – Stock Price Today – Zacks
MATR : Summary for Mattersight Corporation – Yahoo …
Predictive analytics External links:
Customer Analytics & Predictive Analytics Tools for Business
Store Lifecycle Management & Predictive Analytics | Tango
Predictive Analytics Software, Social Listening | NewBrand
Predictive model External links:
Predictive Model – Survey Analysis
[PDF]PREDICTIVE MODELS IN LIFE INSURANCE – …
Psychographic External links:
Personality Assessment – Rep’nUp psychographic …
What are Psychographic Variables | Business Plan Hut
Psychographics External links:
Life Style Psychographics – AbeBooks
psychographics – EBSCO Information Services
psychographics – Wiktionary
Site selection External links:
Entergy Site Selection Center – buildingsandsites.com
Survey External links:
7 Customer Feedback Survey mistakes to avoid
[PDF]Sample Title Survey – AmeriSurveyors
Survey Do I Need One – Land Survey Resources and How-to’s
Voter registration External links:
Ohio Online Voter Registration
Voter Registration – Access Arkansas
Nebraska Secretary of State – Voter Registration Portal