What is involved in SAP ERP
Find out what the related areas are that SAP ERP connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP ERP thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP ERP journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP ERP leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP ERP related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP ERP, Adaxa Suite, Apache OFBiz, Corporate services, Dynamics 365, ERP software, Eclipse ERP, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, GNU Enterprise, Human Capital Management, JD Edwards, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Oracle Applications, Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Tally Solutions, Travel management, User interface:
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Steer SAP ERP leadership and prioritize challenges of SAP ERP.
– Have the types of risks that may impact SAP ERP been identified and analyzed?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP ERP requirements in detail?
– Does SAP ERP appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
Adaxa Suite Critical Criteria:
Test Adaxa Suite adoptions and ask what if.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP ERP process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP ERP process available?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SAP ERP services/products?
– What is Effective SAP ERP?
Apache OFBiz Critical Criteria:
Dissect Apache OFBiz failures and finalize the present value of growth of Apache OFBiz.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom SAP ERP project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your SAP ERP activities?
– How much does SAP ERP help?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Own Corporate services outcomes and give examples utilizing a core of simple Corporate services skills.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once SAP ERP is underway?
– Do we all define SAP ERP in the same way?
– What about SAP ERP Analysis of results?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Dynamics 365 issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have you identified your SAP ERP key performance indicators?
– What vendors make products that address the SAP ERP needs?
– Do we have past SAP ERP Successes?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Analyze ERP software leadership and forecast involvement of future ERP software projects in development.
– Which customers cant participate in our SAP ERP domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– How to deal with SAP ERP Changes?
Eclipse ERP Critical Criteria:
Start Eclipse ERP quality and optimize Eclipse ERP leadership as a key to advancement.
– Does SAP ERP create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How would one define SAP ERP leadership?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Study Enterprise resource planning quality and question.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about SAP ERP. How do we gain traction?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its SAP ERP processes?
– How do we Identify specific SAP ERP investment and emerging trends?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Derive from Environment, health and safety tasks and define Environment, health and safety competency-based leadership.
– In a project to restructure SAP ERP outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How important is SAP ERP to the user organizations mission?
– What are the Key enablers to make this SAP ERP move?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Read up on Financial accounting governance and stake your claim.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP ERP strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP ERP project manager?
– How do we go about Securing SAP ERP?
GNU Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Adapt GNU Enterprise failures and oversee GNU Enterprise management by competencies.
– Are there SAP ERP Models?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Start Human Capital Management results and learn.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– what is the best design framework for SAP ERP organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
JD Edwards Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for JD Edwards leadership and probe JD Edwards strategic alliances.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations SAP ERP values?
– To what extent does management recognize SAP ERP as a tool to increase the results?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Management accounting issues and test out new things.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a SAP ERP strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does SAP ERP systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Supporting SAP ERP documentation required?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Materials management goals and look at the big picture.
– Think of your SAP ERP project. what are the main functions?
– How can skill-level changes improve SAP ERP?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Test Middle ware decisions and devote time assessing Middle ware and its risk.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which SAP ERP models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in SAP ERP?
– How can we improve SAP ERP?
Oracle Applications Critical Criteria:
Analyze Oracle Applications adoptions and look at it backwards.
– Does SAP ERP analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the usability implications of SAP ERP actions?
– Which Oracle applications are used in your project?
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud Critical Criteria:
Frame Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud because they lack skills.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as SAP ERP leaders?
– How do we Lead with SAP ERP in Mind?
– Are there SAP ERP problems defined?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Audit Out of the box outcomes and look at the big picture.
– Do we monitor the SAP ERP decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we keep improving SAP ERP?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Focus on Production planning visions and know what your objective is.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to SAP ERP? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we ensure that implementations of SAP ERP products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Quality management goals and assess what counts with Quality management that we are not counting.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving SAP ERP forward?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Which SAP ERP goals are the most important?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Reason over Rate of return visions and ask questions.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these SAP ERP processes?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
– What are specific SAP ERP Rules to follow?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Real estate governance and define Real estate competency-based leadership.
– Can we do SAP ERP without complex (expensive) analysis?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Read up on Return on investment governance and adjust implementation of Return on investment.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of SAP ERP into the services that we provide?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Do the SAP ERP decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Analyze SAP NetWeaver visions and pioneer acquisition of SAP NetWeaver systems.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed SAP ERP opportunities costing us money?
– What are the Essentials of Internal SAP ERP Management?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Talk about SAP R/2 goals and point out improvements in SAP R/2.
– Think about the people you identified for your SAP ERP project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate SAP ERP delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is the purpose of SAP ERP in relation to the mission?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap SAP R/3 tactics and catalog SAP R/3 activities.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your SAP ERP project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is there a SAP ERP Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with SAP ERP ?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Wrangle SAP S/4HANA tactics and change contexts.
– Is a SAP ERP Team Work effort in place?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Systematize SAP SE results and pioneer acquisition of SAP SE systems.
– What are our needs in relation to SAP ERP skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who sets the SAP ERP standards?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Boost SAP Web Application Server quality and find the essential reading for SAP Web Application Server researchers.
– What are the long-term SAP ERP goals?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Track Secure Network Communications results and overcome Secure Network Communications skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that SAP ERP objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are current SAP ERP Paradigms?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Secure Socket Layer failures and learn.
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Service-oriented architecture governance and transcribe Service-oriented architecture as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP ERP project?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of SAP ERP?
– How do we maintain SAP ERPs Integrity?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Software categories adoptions and develop and take control of the Software categories initiative.
– Why is SAP ERP important for you now?
– Is SAP ERP Required?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Software developer quality and know what your objective is.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What potential environmental factors impact the SAP ERP effort?
– Will SAP ERP deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Check Switching barriers management and report on the economics of relationships managing Switching barriers and constraints.
– Can we add value to the current SAP ERP decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How can the value of SAP ERP be defined?
Tally Solutions Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Tally Solutions failures and catalog what business benefits will Tally Solutions goals deliver if achieved.
– In what ways are SAP ERP vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the SAP ERP process?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Judge Travel management risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Are accountability and ownership for SAP ERP clearly defined?
– What threat is SAP ERP addressing?
User interface Critical Criteria:
See the value of User interface engagements and plan concise User interface education.
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Who will provide the final approval of SAP ERP deliverables?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP ERP Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP ERP External links:
SAP ERP Modules: Complete List of SAP ERP Modules
SAP ERP Software System | Reviews, Free Demo & Pricing
[PDF]REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR SAP ERP …
Adaxa Suite External links:
Overview of Adaxa Suite – YouTube
Apache OFBiz External links:
The Apache OFBiz® Project
The Apache OFBiz® Project – Developers
Apache OFBiz (@ApacheOfbiz) | Twitter
Corporate services External links:
Stock Plans | E*TRADE Corporate Services
SMG Corporate Services | Reliable Business Services
Retirement Services | Schwab Corporate Services
Dynamics 365 External links:
Use Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Paid Support | Microsoft Dynamics 365
ERP software External links:
Infor VISUAL | Infor VISUAL ERP Software | Infor
ERP Systems | ERP Software | Panorama Consulting
Oil & Gas ERP Software & Project Resource Management …
Eclipse ERP External links:
WHAT IS EPICOR ECLIPSE ERP FOR ELECTRICAL …
MITS Distributor Analytics for Epicor Eclipse ERP software
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning Broward County Public Schools
MDConnect | Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP – Investopedia
Environment, health and safety External links:
EHS Home Page | Environment, Health and Safety
Environment, Health and Safety | Bloomberg Environment
Home – Environment, Health and Safety
Financial accounting External links:
Financial Accounting quiz’s Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 2
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
GNU Enterprise External links:
GNU Enterprise – GNU Project – Free Software Foundation
GNU Enterprise – Home | Facebook
Human Capital Management External links:
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
JD Edwards External links:
ess.douglas.co.us/jde/E1Menu.maf – JD Edwards
JD Edwards – Logis
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne One View Reporting Demo – YouTube
Management accounting External links:
Management accounting – AICPA
Materials management External links:
Tompkins County | Recycling and Materials Management
State of Oregon: Materials Management – Oregon’s …
State of Oregon: Materials Management – Recycling Markets
Middle ware External links:
Excel as Middle Ware – YouTube
Oracle Applications External links:
Links to Oracle Applications by Business Unit
RIT Oracle Applications
Oracle Applications – Modern Business in the Cloud | Oracle
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud External links:
Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud – Home | Facebook
Out of the box External links:
Out of the Box: Professionele Escape Games in Antwerpen
Out of the Box Cards
Getting started with Xbox One Out of the Box
Production planning External links:
Production Planning Test 2 Flashcards | Quizlet
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
What is Production Planning ? Meaning Definition Objectives
Quality management External links:
Total Quality Management (TQM) – Encyclopedia – …
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
[PDF]ANTELOPE VALLEY AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT …
Rate of return External links:
Internal Rate Of Return (IRR) Definition | Investopedia
MIRR Calculator | Modified Internal Rate of Return
What Is the Rate of Return on an Index Fund? | Finance – Zacks
Return on investment External links:
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
Gross Margin Return On Investment – GMROI – Investopedia
SAP NetWeaver External links:
SAP NetWeaver | BPM, Integration Platform & Application …
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
SAP R/2 External links:
Get an accurate list of SAP R/2 customers. Our list of 562 companies using Qlikview can be refined by company size, industry, and location.
http://List of SAP R/2 Customers – readycontacts.com
http://SAP R/2 is an older version of real-time enterprise resource planning software produced by the German company SAP AG, that was replaced by SAP R/3. SAP R/2 followed the company’s first product, a materials management module called RM/1. What was unique about R/2 was that it was a packaged software application that processed real-time on a mainframe computer taking advantage of Time Sharing Option and integrated all of an enterprise’s functions, such as accounting, manufacturing processes, supply chain logistics and human resources.
Companies using SAP R/2 – iDataLabs
SAP R/3 External links:
Sap R/3 Architecture Tutorial – Meet Guru99
A Configuring SAP R/3 for Inbound and Outbound Processing
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE (SAP) Q4 Earnings Improve Y/Y, 2018 View Buoyant
SAP:Xetra Stock Quote – SAP SE – Bloomberg Markets
SAP.DE : Summary for SAP SE O.N. – Yahoo Finance
SAP Web Application Server External links:
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Network Communications External links:
[PDF]Secure Network Communications and Secure Store & …
Setting up SAP Secure Network Communications (SNC) …
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Simple Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/TLS Encryption | Cloudflare
B Configuring Secure Socket Layer with the HTML Server
Securing Communications with Secure Socket Layer …
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Software categories External links:
Browse Software Categories | Crozdesk
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
Software developer External links:
Software Developer – Department of Revenue
Devpost | Software developer jobs, internships, and …
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Switching barriers External links:
Bases of e-store loyalty: Perceived switching barriers …
Switching Barriers – Think about switching costs! – YouTube
Tally Solutions External links:
Tally Solutions (@tallysolutions) | Twitter
Tally Solutions – Official Site
Tally Solutions – YouTube
Travel management External links:
[PDF]DEFENSE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT OFFICE June 2017
Anthony Travel | University & Sports Travel Management
Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO)
User interface External links:
Datatel User Interface 5.4
What is user interface (UI)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Portal Web Mail User Interface – MyCopper.net